Job Title: Sous Chef
Responsible for: To assist the Kitchen Manager in the delivery of Kitchen Operations
Reports to: Kitchen Manager
Liaises with: Events Manager, Operations Manager, Restaurant & Bar Manager, Reception Manager
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
• To support Head Chef in ongoing running of kitchen
• To ensure that all supporting chefs are familiar with the day’s requirements.
• To ensure that the necessary stocks are on hand at the right quality and quantity.
• To ensure that fair discipline is maintained.
• To ensure that all statutory, as well as company, hygiene regulations are strictly adhered to.
• To ensure that all maintenance problems are reported and followed up.
• To ensure that all communications between restaurant and kitchen run smoothly
• To ensure that each dish leaving the kitchen is checked for quality, quantity, presentation and correct temperature.
• To ensure that regular on-the-job training is carried out so that subordinate staff perform their duties correctly.
• To attend training courses as and when required.
• To ensure recipes and portion control is exercised with a view to maintaining strong GP levels
• To further your own knowledge of management methods and principles to ensure future advancement and further upgrading in management standards for the team as a whole